Monday, September 6, 2010

Joy

If you havn't noticed, I put some music on my blog. If you think the songs are a little-strange, look at the names of them. Notice anything simalar about them??? Well, I will give you a hint. Actually, I will tell you. All the songs have my name in it! haha get it??

Ode to Joy
Joy To the world
Joy Down in my heart
Joy of Mans Desireing

lol! I thought that was kind of clever. :) Anyway, this post is about my name, Joy. Well, actaully, my real name is Anna Grace Britten. But, my nickname is Joy. And I will tell you how I got that name.

When I was a baby, everyone called me by my first name, Anna. My grandmothers name was Anna, so they, (my parents) named me after her. Well, when I was about 6 months old, my mom bought me a cd with a bunch of childrens bible songs on it.

Joshua fought the Battle of Jerico,
Go Down Moses,
The B-I-B-L-E,
Jesus loves me,
Only a boy named David,

Songs like that. Well, I guess I had a favorite. And it was called, "Down in my Heart" Whenever my mom would play that song, I guess I would start laughing and smiling. So, my older sister, Hope, who was about 4 at the time told my mom, "You should just call her Joy!" So, it kinda stuck. Mom, Dad, and Hope started calling me a nickname, "the Joy in Anna" But then soon, the "the" and "in" went away. And soon, everyone knew me by my new nickname, "Joy".

Some people still call me Anna. Like my neighbor, Mr. Mckay, (he is this really old guy that is always forgetting things) He calls me Anna all the time. I don't know why. But he dose. But I don't mind. :)

I like the name Joy. I think I look more like a Joy then an Anna. But well, I'm not sure if that is for me to decide.

Thanks for reading!!!!

1 comment: